Marriage Isn't for You: It's for the One You Love

15 March 2010

How Not to Clean Your Bedroom in One Day...



Paula A. Tomey-Allen 

OK, so it's Saturday morning and I have one housecleaning goal today - to clean my bedroom.
It has gotten so bad that --
the spiders have made their webs into condos and townhouses!
I think there are clothes stored in there from the last pregnancy - over 20 years ago!
the computer stored under my bed developed a virus, with no help from the internet, but from the dust that collects under their!
the pictures I had good intentions of hanging are now so outdated they are collectibles for the next yard sale!
the underside of the bed is filled with catnip mice and lost dog bones! Do we have pets?
there are baskets of laundry to fold and put away that may not fit anyone anymore!

So... you get the message... time to get busy and see if I can de-clog out my bedroom life!

So, as I sit her thinking about it, as I clean in my mind, I thought first I needed to take a minute or two to read my e-mail, visit a few web sites, post a birthday for some special people, feed the dogs I found and let them out. Perhaps I need to get dressed and go to McDonald's for breakfast. And, then, there's the second hand computer store I wanted to check out for a used monitor and...

Well... sigh... I did get a load of wash in the washer. I suppose I'd better transfer it to the dryer... Oh wait; that's a load I threw in the washer yesterday and forgot to turn on!

Oh, well... I'll worry about it tomorrow. But then, tomorrow is Sunday and we have church and since I don't believe in working on the Sabbath, it'll have to wait until Monday.... But then, I need to... and... and... Hey, there’s my e-mail notice! I’ve got mail!

Oh well, as my favorite mentor Scarlet always said, " I can't think about it now. I'll go crazy if I do. I'll think about it tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day! "

Have a great day, no matter what you do or perhaps don't do, or maybe do in your mind...

Now, where’s that genealogy file I was working on last night…

No comments:

Post a Comment